Most of the time online poker bonuses are confusing and players find it difficult to clear them. Thus, before signing up to any poker room that is accepting players from India, one should go through this comprehensive guide to finding the best poker bonuses.
These days, there are hundreds of online poker rooms which are in the race for attracting new customers by offering bonuses to get players to deposit and make subsequent deposits so they continue playing with them.
Picking the right poker bonus is almost as important as choosing the right poker site to play at, since it will put you in a better position to boost your online poker bankroll to get started and help you move up to some decent stakes where there is greater potential to make some money.
When thinking about poker bonuses it’s important not to lose sight of what you are trying to accomplish.
Although it’s nice to be regularly receiving bonuses because it feels like you’re getting something for nothing, you don’t want this to take away your focus at the poker table.
More than anything else, you’re playing online poker to try and win money on the virtual felt.
Things can start to go wrong when you start playing poker just to clear bonuses. With that out of the way, we can now go into the specifics of poker bonuses, so you can find the most valuable ones.
First and foremost, claiming the biggest bonus doesn’t always mean that you will get the most out of it. This is because there are playthrough or wagering requirements, which must be met before you will get to release the bonus money.
For example, a $50 bonus that comes with 4x wagering requirements means you will need to pay $200 in rake to receive the full $50 bonus. Obviously, the wagering requirements tell you a lot about how good one bonus is from another. A big bonus is great, but it also shouldn’t be too difficult to clear. It’s also helpful to know how often the bonus increments are, and the time in which you have to clear the bonus.
If the bonus gets paid out in increments more frequently, it’s a lot more favorable to the player. The bonus money will get credited to your account on a more regular basis, as you won’t need to earn as many poker points to release the next portion of the bonus.
It’s incredibly easy to keep track of your bonuses by going to the “My Account” section within the poker room’s lobby. On this screen, you’ll see the number of poker points you require to clear the bonus you’ve claimed.
Bet365 may not offer the best first deposit bonus in the market, but loyal customers claim lots of treats in the form of comp points, freerolls, high tournament prizes, and monthly deposit bonuses. Users from India are accepted and can handle their account in NRI funding it with Neteller, Skrill and credit cards.
Types of Poker Bonuses
Players are usually offered free poker money in the form of sign-up bonuses, reload bonuses, or no deposit bonuses in some sites.
It’s not free money in the sense that you need to pay rake in order to release the bonus money, but there is no such thing as a free lunch as they say. It’s still something that every new Indian online poker player should look to benefit from.
Sign up bonuses are often the biggest bonuses available and meant for attracting new players. You can receive a welcome bonus just for creating a real money poker account and making your first deposit. The welcome bonus can also sometimes apply to subsequent deposits.
While sign-up bonuses exist to attract new players, reload bonuses are designed to keep the loyal depositing players happy.
A reload bonus is a bonus that you’ll receive on deposits made after the initial deposit. Much like the deposit bonus, the poker site will pay a percentage of the deposit into your account once you’ve cleared the bonus, although it’s a smaller bonus in comparison to the new player bonus.
No Deposit Bonuses
No deposit bonuses aren’t as common as the sign-up and reload poker bonus offers. If you can manage to find a new poker site that is offering this bonus, you’ll get a chance to try out the site’s games without risking any of your own money, as the site will give you free money without being required to make a deposit.
You’ll get instantly credited with the bonus money, but you’ll still need to rake a certain amount as per the no deposit poker bonus terms and conditions before you’ll be able to cash out your winnings.
It is also not uncommon to see online poker sites offer a refer-a-friend bonus, just for referring friends to the site.
Most online poker sites offer somewhere in the range of $50 or $75 for every friend referred to the site.
Tips for Using Poker Bonuses
- Most of these poker bonuses have time restrictions, and expire if you do not play the required number of raked hands within that time period.
- Always make sure you can realistically get in the necessary playing volume to clear the bonus in full, because any portion of the bonus that isn’t cleared is forfeited once the bonus expires.
- What this means is considering the traffic levels of the poker site and whether there will be constant action for the games you like to play.
- If you like playing small stakes full-ring no limit hold’em cash games, but there aren’t always tables running, then you’ll quickly discover that it’s going to be extremely difficult clearing the full amount of the poker bonus if you were to stick to playing your favorite games.
- Speed Poker games which are usually available for NL Hold’em and PL Omaha can be a really great way to clear these bonuses. With time being a factor, you can play 3-4x more hands than what is otherwise possible, allowing you to release the poker bonus at a much faster rate.
- When it comes to claiming the best poker bonuses, knowledge is key, and the more information you know about the bonus that you like, the less chance there will be frustrations further down the line.