Captain Zaheer Khan described their opening defeat to KKR as ‘One Bad Day’ but few of us believed that Delhi had the ability to turn their IPL9 campaign around, now turn the page for the game Delhi Daredevils vs Gujarat Lions.
This was a side who would regularly finish out of the play off slots and having made just 98 in that first match, they already looked out of the title running.
Three games later and they have won all three, taking them into fourth place but how will they fare on Wednesday against a Gujarat team who share top slot with the Knight Riders?
Match Odds Game Preview
You might well expect the Lions to be favourites, but are they too short at 1.67 with 888Sport? The Daredevils are in form and have the home advantage so will tempt a lot of punters at 2.20 with Bet365.
The fitness of Aaron Finch , who didn’t bat in the most recent win over RCB, could be an issue here and the Aussie is crucial to the Lions moving forward. There is support and a great replacement in Dwayne Smith but Finch is the form man.
The pivotal area however is Gujarat’s strong bowling attack against a DD top order that relies so much on Quinton De Kock for their runs. Get the South African early and the Lions are set to take the points.
*Learn how to read cricket odds.
Top Batsmen Betting Tips
- De Kock has top scored in three of Delhi’s four games to date and is an obvious favourite to do so again at 3.00 with Bet365 and 888Sport. You may feel that’s a little too short for comfort but QDK tends to stay in form when he gets on a roll and I’ll be adding that to my bet slip for Wednesday’s match.
- Alternatives include Sanju Samson at 5.50 with Bet365 while JP Duminy will look good to some at 5.50 with Bet365 again but it’s the favourite for me here.
- Gujarat’s top batsman betting is made harder by the question mark over Finch who is favourite ahead of the game at 3.40 with Bet365. I’d certainly avoid that until you see the line up or you can take Suresh Raina or Brendon McCullum who are both at 3.75 with Bet365 again.
- Raina is the consistent batter, while McCullum has been threatening a big score so that one looks too tough to call.
4 Best Betting Picks Delhi Daredevils v Gujarat Lions
- The Lions bowlers are key to this one and having been expensive as a unit against RCB, we could see some changes for this match. Dwayne Bravo starts as the favourite to return best figures at 3.75 with Bet365, but I like the look of Ravi Jadeja, who was the only one to keep down those RCB runs, at 4.00 with Bet365.
- I would also look at the Most Sixes market where DD are the outside punt at 2.50 with Bet365. Even if they lose, they could take this if De Kock leads well from the front. Alternatively, you can back the Lions here at 1.80 or the tie at 7.50 – also with Bet365.
- I’m not sure the toss will be quite so important here although most matches are still going with the chasing side. I think that De Kock’s wicket is vital and if Delhi are 2-3 down inside the Powerplay then they don’t have enough batting depth to build a decent score.
- The Lions’ bowling unit had their own bad day against the Royal Challengers but they should come back stronger. Take them at 1.73 for the win if you like a small profit while De Kock to top score for the Daredevils could ‘hedge’ that bet.
*How to use spread bets in criket betting, ehance your game.
 espncricinfo.com, Sanju Samson Stats, 2016