RCB are back with a comfortable win over the Supergiants that takes them into the top four at the halfway stage of the groups.
One concern for Bangalore fans is the dependence on Virat Kohli and AB De Villiers for the runs but when those two are firing, it will be hard to stop the pre-tournament favorites.
The Lions stay second meanwhile following their first loss of IPL9 so this is an important game in Rajkot on Sunday.
Match Betting – Game Preview
It’s a really tight result market for this one with Gujarat just ahead at a figure of 1.90 with 888Sport leaving the Royal Challengers closely behind at 2.0 with Bet365. RCB are, in fact, the only team to have won after batting first at this year’s tournament and we all know what a powerful batting line up they possess.
Without any support from Chris Gayle however, that top order has been held together by Kohli and De Villiers and if both of them fail, the Lions will feel they can convert .
I think that’s the key to this one: A strong bowling attack consisting of Bravo, Steyn, Jadeja and Mishra against those two. Get Kohli and De Villiers early and the points go to Gujarat Lions.
*IPL cricket guide, your complete step by step to master cricket betting from India.
Top Batsmen Betting
- There are mixed reports over Chris Gayle’s return but if the West Indian does make the final XI, he can be backed at 4.50 with Bet365 to score most RCB runs.
- Kohli heads this bet at 3.25 with Betfair while De Villiers is close at 3.50 with Bet365 again.
- I suggested backing both Virat and AB against Pune and you could do so again but I think it’s the skipper’s turn to convert a profit on Sunday.
- Gujarat suffered rare failures among their batters in an innings that was held together by Suresh Raina, but a modest total of 135 was comfortably chased down by the Sunrisers. The captain will always be a good option in this type of market and he can be picked up at 3.75 with Bet365 to top score for the Lions.
- Aaron Finch leads things off at a fairly short 3.40 with Bet365 but is it time for Brendon McCullum to fire? We’re waiting for a big effort from the Kiwi and he would be my pick at 3.75 with Bet365 again.
- It may seem unlikely but if the top order were to fail – and we’ve yet to see that at this year’s IPL – Dwayne Bravo would be my value pick at 7.00 – also with Bet365.
Best Betting Picks
Gujarat’s top class bowling attack is arguably the best on show at this season’s IPL and it leaves some good options in their top bowler market. Bravo leads the way here but looks a little too short for me at 3.60 with Bet365 while Jadeja could be the one to deliver this time at 4.33 with Bet365 again.
The stand out price for me however is with Amit Mishra who will surely come back into the side – if available – after that last defeat. Mishra is at 5.50, yet again this is with Bet365.
Gujarat will have to pick their bowlers carefully because this is where the game will be decided. Praveen Kumar bowled poorly against SRH but everyone was expensive – even Bravo.
I think that the Lions will edge it, as long as they select carefully. Gayle could be a factor admittedly but Kohli and De Villiers are the key wickets and I feel they are due for low scores. Meanwhile, McCullum to top score for Gujarat is the pick of the side bets.
 thehindu.com, Kohli ton not enough to defeat Lions in their den, 2016